Information for free hiking and biking trails. All you need is a spirit of adventure.
New Mexico Outdoors Sport Guide
Fly Fishing, Hiking, Camping, Kayaking, Canoeing, Skiing, Hunting, Whitewater Rafting and Outdoor Vacations
- Earth Day Alamogordo—Annually last Saturday in April at Alameda Park Zoo
- White Sands Balloon Invitational—Annually 3rd weekend in September
- National Trails Day http://www.americanhiking.org/ntd/ (June)
- National Get Outdoors Day http://www.nationalgetoutdoorsday.org/ (June)
- Arbor Day http://www.arborday.org/states/state.cfm?state=nm (2nd Friday in March)
- National Fossil Day http://nature.nps.gov/geology/nationalfossilday/ (October)
- National Archaeology Day http://www.archaeological.org/archaeologyday
- Earth Day http://www.earthday.org/ (April 22)
- National Public Lands Day http://www.publiclandsday.org/ (September)
- Great American Backyard Campout http://www.nwf.org/great-american-backyard-campout.aspx (June)
- International Migratory Bird Day http://www.birdday.org/birdday (2nd Saturday in May)
- National Kids To Parks Day http://www.kidstoparks.org/ (3rd Saturday in May?)
Provides fun and educational ways to introduce kids and adults to the sport of fishing, and to first-hand experiences monitoring watersheds throughout New Mexico.
Four Corners School of Outdoor Education
Four Corners School of Outdoor Education is a non-profit organization founded in 1984. FCS has provided a wide range of place-based outdoor education programs for some 95,308 participants, ranging in age from 6 to 90.